Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Psalm 30

 

Psalm 30    

1

I will exalt you, O LORD,

because you have lifted me up *

    and have not let my enemies triumph over me. 

2

O LORD my God, I cried out to you, *

    and you restored me to health. 

3

You brought me up, O LORD, from the dead; *

    you restored my life as I was going down to the grave. 

4

Sing to the LORD, you servants of his; *

    give thanks for the remembrance of his holiness. 

5

For his wrath endures but the twinkling of an eye, *

    his favor for a lifetime. 

6

Weeping may spend the night, *

    but joy comes in the morning. 

7

While I felt secure, I said,

I shall never be disturbed. *

    You, LORD, with your favor, made me as strong as

                             the mountains." 

8

Then you hid your face, *

    and I was filled with fear. 

9

I cried to you, O LORD; *

    I pleaded with the Lord, saying, 

10

"What profit is there in my blood, if I go down to the Pit? *

    will the dust praise you or declare your faithfulness?