Friday, May 29, 2020

Lord, hear my prayer




Psalm 102:1-12
LORD, hear my prayer, and let my cry come before you; *
   hide not your face from me in the day of my trouble.
Incline your ear to me; *
   when I call, make haste to answer me,
For my days drift away like smoke, *
   and my bones are hot as burning coals.
My heart is smitten like grass and withered, *
   so that I forget to eat my bread.
Because of the voice of my groaning *
   I am but skin and bones.
I have become like a vulture in the wilderness, *
   like an owl among the ruins.
I lie awake and groan; *
I am like a sparrow, lonely on a house-top.
My enemies revile me all day long, *
   and those who scoff at me have taken an oath against me.
For I have eaten ashes for bread *
   and mingled my drink with weeping.
Because of your indignation and wrath *
   you have lifted me up and thrown me away.
My days pass away like a shadow, *
   and I wither like the grass.
But you, O LORD, endure for ever, *
   and your Name from age to age.