Friday, November 6, 2020

I will bless the LORD

 


Psalm 34   Benedicam Dominum


1 I will bless the LORD at all times; *

  his praise shall ever be in my mouth.


2 I will glory in the LORD; *

  let the humble hear and rejoice.


3 Proclaim with me the greatness of the LORD; *

  let us exalt his Name together.

4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me *

  and delivered me out of all my terror.


5 Look upon him and be radiant, *

  and let not your faces be ashamed.


6 I called in my affliction and the LORD heard me *

  and saved me from all my troubles.


7 The angel of the LORD encompasses those who fear him, *

  and he will deliver them.


8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; *

  happy are they who trust in him!


9 Fear the LORD, you that are his saints, *

  for those who fear him lack nothing.


10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger, *

  but those who seek the LORD lack nothing that is good.


11 Come, children, and listen to me; *

  I will teach you the fear of the LORD.


12 Who among you loves life *

  and desires long life to enjoy prosperity?


13 Keep your tongue from evil‑speaking *

  and your lips from lying words.


14 Turn from evil and do good; *

  seek peace and pursue it.


15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, *

  and his ears are open to their cry.


16 The face of the LORD is against those who do evil, *

  to root out the remembrance of them from the earth.

17 The righteous cry, and the LORD hears them *

  and delivers them from all their troubles.


18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted *

  and will save those whose spirits are crushed.


19 Many are the troubles of the righteous, *

  but the LORD will deliver him out of them all.


20 He will keep safe all his bones; *

  not one of them shall be broken.


21 Evil shall slay the wicked, *

  and those who hate the righteous will be punished.


22 The LORD ransoms the life of his servants, *

  and none will be punished who trust in him.