Friday, July 3, 2020

My soul in silence waits



Psalm: 62
          1 For God alone my soul in silence waits; *
          from him comes my salvation.
          2 He alone is my rock and my salvation, *
          my stronghold, so that I shall not be greatly shaken.
          3 How long will you assail me to crush me, 
all of you together, *
          as if you were a leaning fence, a toppling wall?
          4 They seek only to bring me down from my place of honor; *
          lies are their chief delight.
          5 They bless with their lips, *
          but in their hearts they curse.
          6 For God alone my soul in silence waits; *
          truly, my hope is in him.
          7 He alone is my rock and my salvation, *
          my stronghold, so that I shall not be shaken.
          8 In God is my safety and my honor; *
          God is my strong rock and my refuge.
          9 Put your trust in him always, O people, *
          pour out your hearts before him, for God is our refuge.
          10 Those of high degree are but a fleeting breath, *
          even those of low estate cannot be trusted.
          11 On the scales they are lighter than a breath, *
          all of them together.
          12 Put no trust in extortion; in robbery take no empty pride; *
          though wealth increase, set not your heart upon it.
          13 God has spoken once, twice have I heard it, *
          that power belongs to God.
          14 Steadfast love is yours, O Lord, *
          for you repay everyone according to his deeds.