Saturday, March 9, 2019

Happy are they whose transgressions are forgiven




Beati quorum
1Happy are they whose transgressions are forgiven, *
and whose sin is put away!
2Happy are they to whom the Lord imputes no guilt, *
and in whose spirit there is no guile!
3While I held my tongue, my bones withered away, *
because of my groaning all day long.
4For your hand was heavy upon me day and night; *
my moisture was dried up as in the heat of summer.
5Then I acknowledged my sin to you, *
and did not conceal my guilt.
6I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord." *
Then you forgave me the guilt of my sin.
7Therefore all the faithful will make their prayers to you in
time of trouble; *
when the great waters overflow, they shall not reach them.
8You are my hiding-place;
you preserve me from trouble; *
you surround me with shouts of deliverance.
9"I will instruct you and teach you in the way that you
should go; *
I will guide you with my eye.
10Do not be like horse or mule, which have no understanding; *
who must be fitted with bit and bridle,
or else they will not stay near you."
11Great are the tribulations of the wicked; *
but mercy embraces those who trust in the Lord.
12Be glad, you righteous, and rejoice in the Lord; *
shout for joy, all who are true of heart.